So I’m creating a Photo book – finally. Most moms about about 45 photo books by the time their babies turn 1, but I have made them for family and not us. So, I was REALLY excited when Picaboo contacted me and offered to let me try it out, and to host a giveaway on Freshmom!! And this time, I created the book for ME!
I’m going to do a step-by-step summary of me creating my first baby book of Thomas called “Firsts.”
1. Getting started.
- Visited the site, and it is already clean, uncluttered, and easy to use: nothing is whizzing around, there aren’t 50 million things to click on, and it’s just pretty
- Downloaded the program from Picaboo. That was easy.
- Oooo!!! The program is pretty too!!! It looks like beachy shelves and has my choices all laid out and it’s obvious what I’m supposed to do next: click on “create book”
- Um, do I want classic? square? landscape? Lots of great choices.
- Then you choose a theme. I chose contemporary.
2. The hard part: choosing photos.
- Then you select photos – which you can choose from Facebook, your computer, iPhoto (if you have a Mac like me), Flickr – wow!!
- OMG. I have taken approximately 1 bazillion photos of Thomas.
- This is taking forever to go through all of the photos.
- Abandoned First Year Project. This is too hard and will take way too long to figure out which ones to put in, and organize month by month what he did. Why didn’t I keep it all in one place instead of 3 notebooks and a blog??
- New project: First Birthday Celebrations. There were three of them and only about 500 photos to go through.
3. Create & Order: Easy!
- I selected the photos and it automatically created the book for me. That was easy!!
- I did make a few changes. The options are endless. You can make a simple book – or you can make it as customizable as you want. You can move the text around, change the font, add a photo to the background, choose from different backgrounds. They have templates to make it easy, but you can change every element of the page, which totally sets it apart from every other photo book company I’ve used.
- Ok, I made my 47 page book of just Thomas’s First Birthday celebrations.
- I should probably make about 100 books with all of the photos I’ve taken, but this first one is a good start.
- I just clicked “order” – and it should be here soon!!
Picaboo is running a special until May 9 – Buy One, Get One Free!! So I actually got TWO books of Thomas’s First Birthday Celebrations. The code pops up when you order, so you don’t even need to write anything down.
WIN A $50 PICABOO GIFT CARD!!!
How to win.
- Just comment below what you’d purchase on Picaboo (they do more than just photo books) & you’ll be registered to win!
- Tweet “I entered to win the #picaboogiveaway @freshmomblog” and you’ll get TWO (that’s right, 2!) extra entries!
- Go to facebook.com/freshmomblog and post on our wall “If I win a Picaboo book, the title will be _________” (that line indicates for you to fill in the blank!) and you’ll get 3 (THREE!!!) extra entries!
- All names will be put into randomizer.org and I’ll select the winner on May 23rd.