Last September, my husband started selling wine, and the perk is obvious: we try a lot of nice wine, so I thought I’d do a weekly feature of our favorite wines. This week, my pick is the Chateau d’Esclans 2011 Whispering Angel Rose.
Tasting Notes: Chateau d’Esclans Whispering Angel Rose
It is light, refreshing, dry, not sweet, and the perfect wine to sip outside as the sun goes down. Or you can sip it inside while watching the monitor to make sure your two year old doesn’t climb out of his crib.
The details from Wine.com:
- Wine Spectator gave it 90 points
- “This elegant wine displays a sense of power behind the delicate flavors of dried cherry, licorice, cream and spice. Finishes with notes of dried mango and hints of sage honey.”
- Winemaker’s notes: Whispering Angel is the introductory wine to the Chateau’s line of Rose. Noted for its fresh, fruity yet bone dry characteristics.
- About Rose: “Technically, a rosé is an “unfinished red wine,” but the term seems so- secondary. Rosé is a different sort of wine, with all the refreshing qualities of a white wine mixed with some characteristics of a red.” Read more >
- Racy pemegranate, pink grapefruit and spice notes- that’s classic Provence rose, perfect for olive tapenade, spicy sausage, and goat cheese.
Um, that’s weird:
On the label on the back of the bottle, there is an odd quote “At Chateau d’ Esclans, Angels whisper. If you drink this wine, you might hear them. If by chance you visit us, you might see them.” I would like to note that I did not hear angels whisper. Maybe I didn’t drink enough?
Seafood! Actually, it would go really well with my favorite dish from Croissants Bistro & Bakery: Chef Brad’s Angry Clams with linguini. ”Angry” is code for spicy in this delicious dish. Click here for the recipe >
Color: Pretty in Pink
The color is a pale coral, which would pair well with this Heather Gray glider in a baby girl’s nursery.
Want to buy the Chateau d’Esclans 2011 Whispering Angel Rose? Have it shipped to your house from Wine.com: Save $10 off orders of $175 or more. Use code OCTOBER in cart. Offer ends 10/31/12