This salad was so simple to make, and absolutely delicious! I interpreted the recipe from my gigantic bag of Quinoa.
- Quinoa (I cooked mine in vegetable broth, which added great flavor)
- Chopped vegetables – I’d just returned from the Farmers Market and had an assortment of vegetables which included yellow squash, asparagus, cucumber, tomato, and then I also added some organic salad beans because I had them open in the fridge. I think the other vegetables can be changed out – but I really liked the cucumber with this, so I’d definitely try it with a cucumber.
- Pinch of Basil
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Almonds (or pine nuts would be great too)
What to do:
- Make the quinoa and let it cool down.
- Mix all of the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix with quinoa after it’s cooled down.