This meal was inspired by Amy’s meal plan from last week which included a link to this Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli Recipe on Amateur Gourmet.
The spices sounded like a step I could very easily screw up – so I just opted to use a Lemon Olive Oil from Devo Olive Oil, a very cool store where I work. I think this would be amazing with their Blood Orange Olive Oil too.
Here’s what I bought:
- the olive oil
- local shrimp
Here’s what I did:
- Tossed the broccoli with the olive oil, salt & pepper
- Baked at 425 for 10 minutes on a baking sheet
- Peeled shrimp
- Tossed shrimp with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Added the shrimp to the baking sheet with the broccoli
- Baked it for 5 minutes, then tossed around, and baked for about 10 minutes more. When I tossed the shrimp & broccoli around, my husband peered over my shoulder and said “Chef Brad* would not be happy with you keeping the oven open that long and decreasing the oven temperature” so I cooked it a little bit longer than planned. The recipe called for 20 minutes total: 10 for just the broccoli and 10 with the shrimp.
*Chef Brad is our friend from Croissants.