I decided to look up “vegetarian meals” and saw “vegetarian shepherd’s pie” and they all looked a little complicated, so I thought I could just make something up with vegetables and mashed potatoes… And this was DELISH! Seriously. I’m telling you the truth, 3 helpings later.
What’s in it:
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 bag frozen corn
- 1/2 bag chopped up mini carrots
- chopped up portobello mushrooms
- 4 peeled and quartered potatoes
- a little bit of milk and butter
- vegetable stock (I used French onion soup but then realized that it’s beef based and doesn’t make it vegetarian… And you don’t need it for flavor.
- cheddar cheese
What to do:
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Cook the mushrooms, peas, corn and carrots in the vegetable stock for about 15 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes with butter and milk. Mix in cheese too. I used my Kitchenaide Mixer (finally!! I’m putting it to good use!!). They were super fluffy.
- Add the vegetables with a little bit of the stock on the bottom. I used my Pampered Chef dish for this one.
- Add the potatoes on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 375.
- Add more cheese if you like it.
More Food & Wine:
- Check out all of my food & wine posts >
- I’ve watched quite a few documentaries on food & health, and here is a list of my favorite documentaries >