As an aspiring amateur photographer (Note: haven’t reached amateur yet) and obviously a blogger, these are my favorite techy items that I use to take, view, edit, and share photos.
- Kelly Moore Libby Bag: Disguised as beautiful & trendy bags, Kelly Moore designed stylish DSLR camera bags that will hold your DSLR camera, lenses, flash laptop, iPad, iPhone, diapers, wipes, toys & snacks. I’ve had the Kelly Moore Libby for about a year and wrote an ode to my love of it in the Ultimate Mom Bag.
- Canon EOS Rebel T4i: I’ve read a lot about the “prosumer” cameras (the DSLR cameras for the non-pro) and the Canon T4i seems to be the best on the market. It is fast, takes excellent photos, is great in low light, takes video, and is easy to use.
- Master Your DSLR Camera: A Better Way to Learn Digital Photography – Open Air Publishing: This iPad and iPhone App is an excellent introduction to the DSLR camera and goes over the basics from shutter speed to lighting. It’s a great app with photos, videos, and information that make it interactive and easy to understand.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens: This is the only extra lens I own and I absolutely love it. I love the lower aperture for taking close up shots. (see photo below!)
- YongNuo YN-468 II E-TTL Speedlite With LCD Display, for Canon 50D 40D T1i Xsi XS: I was not about to spend $200+ on a flash. So I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews and concluded this one was the best. I’ve loved it – I don’t know what TTL is, but it has it. Basically, I plugged it into my camera, turned it on, and it works really well.
- Eye-Fi 16GB Class 10 Wireless Flash Memory Card: this SD card is VERY cool. It lets you download photos directly to your iPad or iPhone while you’re on the go, which is perfect while you’re on vacation. It’s like magic. I wrote about how I used it for work in my post about real time social media.
- Aperture – Apple: I LOVE Aperture and it’s a great photo organizing and editing tool, and great upgrade from iPhoto. I wrote about why I made the switch from iPhoto to Aperture in this post, and have been really happy I made the switch since.
- Apple iPad Mini: for the blogger on the go. There are so many great blogging apps on the iPad, it makes sitting on the couch writing blog posts simple and fun. When I read about the iPad Mini, I thought pfft, that thing will be too small. Until I played with one and I actually love the smaller size.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 11: when you want to create pretty graphics for your blog. See how fancy I am with my graphic up there?
- Apple iMac: I love this computer. It is just the best.
Wants to see more recent photos? I used to use Flickr, but now like Picasa & Google Plus. Here is a link to recent photos >