Are you watching Orange is the New Black? It’s a very addictive Netflix series that I can’t say I really recommend because it is a little disturbing but I cannot stop watching it. It is fascinating. Here’s the story in a nutshell: preppy WASP girl is thrown in prison for a dumb decision she made ten years prior, and the show follows her adjusting to the prison culture. What’s more fascinating is the fact that it’s based on a true story. I cannot stop watching.
So, the show inspired me to do a little preppy style post on a color I’m prohibited from wearing but happen to love – orange. If I were to choose a college football team to support based on colors, it would be UVA because orange and navy is preppy and really fun to wear. Instead, I married a Gamecock fan and our colors are garnet and black. Since we are Gamecock fans, any element of orange has been eliminated from my wardrobe because Clemson is our rival and they wear orange. This is a true fact. People in the South and South Carolina in particular are very serious about their college team colors. We happen to drive a garnet Subaru Forester and I’m pretty sure it’s not a coincidence even though it was not plainly stated that was the reason for the color choice.
So, here are my orange picks for the week:
- The orange bib necklace is from Stella & Dot and I love the stones linked with the gold chain.
- The orange mod dress is from Modcloth and at $44.99 – it is a steal! The pretty A-line with the button belt is flattering, classic, and retro chic.
- How cute is the orange and navy iPhone case? It comes in different color combinations, and your choice of thin or durable style case.
- The orange and navy paisley shirt from eShakti is flattering and unique, perfect to wear with a pair of jeans on the weekends while running around from birthday party to playground.
- The Kelly Moore Posey bag is the stylish way to tote around your DSLR camera and keep your gear organized with a pocket in the front for credit cards and SD cards.