Working girls need cute work totes to stay stylish and look professional. Gone are the day when professional ladies carry briefcases (whew!) and getting the perfect bag for work is essential to staying organized while looking effortlessly chic.
I love big bags… so I tend to throw everything in them. And on Monday morning I usually find random things like big boy underpants and play dough. As long as it looks stylish on the outside, no one has to know what’s really lurking inside!
Here are some cute work totes that are chic and will keep you organized (for all of your essentials: your iPad, camera, fancy note taking pen, and Play Dough) – I can’t decide which one I like the best – how about you?
Here are some tips on choosing the right tote to organize & carry all of your gear:
Tips on choosing a cute work tote:
- What are you going to be carrying to the office and to meetings? Think about the things you’ll need to fit inside the tote to help make your decision – a portfolio, laptop, and iPad can take up a lot of bag real estate. Make sure you have enough room for anything you may need to carry to a meeting.
- Pockets are your friend: you don’t want to be fumbling through a gigantic, unorganized bag in a meeting searching for a pen to write notes. That is not only annoying for you, it is distracting for others in the meeting. You’ll be the subject of social media mentions hashtagged #getittogether while they wait for you to get it together. Don’t be that girl.
- A classic, conservative style is best. This doesn’t mean that the bag has to lack style – but you probably want to save your suede fringe bag for going out with the girls and choose a more professional bag to carry with you to the office.
- Invest in a bag that you can carry for a long time. This is something that will make a professional statement about you when you attend meetings: make sure it represents the image you want to portray. That doesn’t mean you need to put yourself in credit card debt to buy a designer bag, but you should make sure you choose something classic, professional, and high quality. You want to exude chic, not shabby, at work.
- Sometimes… two bags are best. If you put too much into your work tote (laptop, DSLR camera, the office kitchen sink…) the bag can be too heavy. If you need to have a laptop bag or camera bag + work tote, you can always leave one bag behind when you don’t need it for a meeting. Your shoulder will be much happier without the added weight.