- Chicken breasts (I used 2. I should have used 4.)
- Cover with a mixture of BBQ sauce, vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar. (There is no science to this – I use about 2 cups of BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup of ketchup, sprinkle in about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and stir in about 2 table spoons of vinegar.)
- If you have a crockpot that doesn’t cook everything SUPERFAST, you’ll probably be safe with the 8 hour setting. Our crockpot is not a slow cooker so it only took about 4 hours.
- Dough: I use pre-made pizza dough, individual portions. If you are an overachiever and make your own pizza dough – good for you! Invite me over for dinner.
- BBQ Chicken: the chicken should be shredded in the crockpot. Just use two forks to pull it apart. MMM! This is the base of your pizza.
- Shredded cheese. I used leftover mexican blend from Taco night and mozzerella.
- Bake according to your pizza dough instructions (8 minutes on 350, according to the back of the package I used!)
How easy is that recipe?? I had grand plans to make BBQ chicken wraps and BBQ nachos and create three meals with the BBQ but just made more pizzas instead.
Make your own pizza night is also a fun activity to get your children involved in the kitchen – or for a fun play date!