NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION: Transform the garage from a storage pile into a playroom.[Assembly: Easy]
I have to admit, I was a little concerned the huge set of shelves would be difficult to assemble. I was prepared to give up and call in my husband – but decided to at least give it a try. It was very simple – the instructions were easy to read, there are not too many parts, and I was able to do it all by myself in about 30 minutes. It was very easy!
[Clear it out and stack it high]
I gave many things to Goodwill, and the rest I put in containers. But the containers were still sprawled out in the garage. Enter Trinity shelves (I chose the 4 tiered shelving set) These shelves are substantial: and large enough to hold all of our stuff that we want out of the way but still within reach. It's amazing what a difference it makes!
Here's what I was able to clear from the floor to the wall:
- TV from college
- Mini Fridge
- The random recycle-able grocery bags that I always purchase and promptly forget to bring with me to the grocery store.
- The Catch-All: a Trinity bin that is a great little container for random things like pens*
- Large ball of yarn from a craft project from my son's first birthday. Have I used it in 2 years? No. Can I throw it away? No. Trinity shelves for you, yarn!
- A Sunday Costco purchase: the Magic bullet super-duper accessory pack… a little ambitious.
- Baby clothes. Sigh. They are so small and so precious.
- I used to play tennis… and there is my gigantic tennis bag I just can't take to Goodwill yet.
- Baby gates/infant toy accessories. Does it really need to be stored? TBD.
There were several toys I purchased with enthusiasm and quickly realized they had no place next to breakable blue/white china floor vases and our white Chippendale sofa: “golf” clubs, the basketball hoop, and easel. And those are all in the garage now.
New Year's Resolution: COMPLETE!
A New Year's Resolution completed in January? Not typical. However, having a set of substantial shelves made it easy to take everything from the ground and get it organized. I completed the entire project during his naptime.
Here's the deal:
If you're thinking about reorganizing, I highly recommend these shelves – and getting them shipped. Trinity offers free shipping saving you from unnecessary lifting (free shipping to mainland US only- Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and Canada require a shipping fee. Customers may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote to ship to these locations). At $109.99, you can't go wrong. And, as I mentioned, they are really simple to assemble. ALSO: You can save 15% off their entire purchase through February 17, 2013 by using the promo code: CLEVER0113
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.