These little egg bites are a great make-ahead breakfast snack to keep in the fridge and pop in the microwave for a quick breakfast throughout the week. There’s a lot you can do with them – I threw in what I had in the fridge, but the basic mix and prep leaves a lot of room for creativity.
Vitamix Egg & Kale Bites Recipe
Ingredients (for a small batch)
- 4 eggs
- about 2 tablespoons of 1/2 and 1/2
- handful of kale or other veggies (spinach, zucchini, asparagus would be great)
- optional: bacon makes everything taste better!
- salt & pepper
- cheese (I used goat in some and cheddar in the others – but I think Gouda would be excellent, too)
How to make the egg bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- I used the Vitamix, but you could certainly prep these by hand-chopping and whisking, too or a food processor. I threw the kale, leftover grilled veggies (asparagus, zucchini) salt, pepper, eggs and 1/2 and 1/2 into the vitamix and blended on low/medium.
- Pour into the mini muffin pan. Careful! I spilled the first attempt and it spilled over.
- Add the cheese to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350.